We investigate sociocultural and urban processes within the framework of public policies, using quantitative, qualitative, and participatory methodologies.
- We analyze social and urban processes from an action-oriented perspective, seeking to impact their transformation through research.
- We complement various views and techniques to understand the complexity of social reality.
- We believe in the participatory production of knowledge regarding social phenomena.
- We investigate social and urban problems adopting a critical perspective, applying a gender and intersectionality framework.
- We carry out exploratory studies on emerging issues in the field of social and urban development.
- We study sociocultural phenomena exhaustively applying qualitative techniques, such as ethnographies, in-depth interviews, life stories, among others.
- We study social processes in a representative way, through surveys and statistical studies.
- We carry out territorial case studies, combining mapping techniques, social cartography, and mixed methodologies.
We collaborate with
- National Service for the Elderly.
- Ministry of Justice and Human Rights.
- Undersecretariat for Regional Development.
- Ministry of Housing and Urbanism.
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- Ministry of Cultures, Arts and Heritage.
- Ministry of Social Development and Family.
- National Training and Employment Service.
- “Study of the Factors that Influence the Perception of Security”. Undersecretary of Crime Prevention. Carried out in association with Guernica Consultores and Corporación SUR. Execution period: August – December 2019
- Study” Gender, the Elderly and Migrants. Analysis of policies, plans and programs, linked to Urban Development.” CHL/SDP/176/2018, UNDP. Carried out in association with Corporación SUR. Execution period: January-May 2019.
- “Research and elaboration of the history of the Villa Alessandri neighborhood, Pedro Aguirre Cerda commune” Regional Ministerial Secretariat Santiago Metropolitan Region, Ministry of Housing and Urbanism. Execution period: December 2017-March 2018.
- “Causes that influence the decision to form and inhabit shanty towns” Ministry of Housing and Urbanism. Execution period: July-October 2017.
- “Study of cases that investigates and characterizes the exercise of the right to adequate housing of people, Chilean and migrant, who reside in four forms of ghetto: shanty town, tenement, post-earthquake emergency village and social housing complex”. National Institute of Human Rights. Execution period: May-October 2013.
- “Characterization study of the students at the trade union training schools. Undersecretary of Labor. Execution period: September 11-December 20, 2013.
- “Turning point of the urban conflict”. University of Manchester. Execution period: December 2010-September 2012.
- “Qualitative study on life stories”. Undersecretariat of Labor, Chile. Execution period: August 2012-April 2013.
- “Investigation of the operation of the Real Estate and Social Management Entities in the new housing policy”. Ministry of Housing and Urbanism. Execution period: July 2010-March 2011.
- “Participation of Trade Union Organizations in the process of raising, evaluating and certifying Labor Competencies. Analysis of the experience in Chile and proposals for action”. National Certification System for Labor Skills-Chile Valora. Execution period: September 2010-January 2011.
- “Measurement of the satisfaction of the families using the Integra Foundation”. Educational Foundation for the Development of Minors. Execution period: November 2009-February 2010.
- “Line of Exit Level of Satisfaction of the elderly with the offer of services and the level of installation of the subject of the elderly in Municipalities”. National Service for the Elderly. Execution period: September-December 2009.
- “Feasibility for the opening of new specialties in Technical-Professional Teaching”. Municipal Corporation for Social Development of Pudahuel. Execution period: November 2009-March 2010.